Thursday, December 29, 2011

DIY: Elbow Patches

Who knew that elbow patches would become a huge fashion statement. I guess this means my grandfather was ahead of the trend then... Anywho here is a DIY for elbows patches.

1. Get a sweatshirt, cardigan or any long shelve shirt

This one was on sale for $8.00 at Urban Outfitters

2. Get any fabric you wish to use to make your patches. You can use suede, leather, or any cool pattern at that. I found this fake suede at my local fabric store for $2.99 a yard and bought a little less then half a yard


3. Fold the fabric in half and cut a oval (or egg like) shape.


4. Mark your elbow with patch then pin down. Begin sewing the patch to the shirt (using the machine or hand stitch)

5. Then finally... Throw those bows!

I suggest playing around with the shape of the patch, the colors, the type of sweatshirt or even throwing a matching pocket on the front as well. It's all up to you!!

xo Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment