Tuesday, September 25, 2012

a strange kind of preppy


I feel like an evil boarding school character with this outfit today. Like someone out of Harry Potter, or The Mysterious Benedict Society, or a Tim Burton take on an EX-catholic school girl persona. Or maybe it's all in my head. And it most likely is.

(blurry guttersnipe)

It's a beautiful crisp fall day in Seattle. The sun is out but prefect sweater weather. I found the shirt in the men's section at St. Vincent De Paul. I thought the pattern was so strange, but I loved how light the material was. Prefect for layering. So I cut the shelves off and paired it with leggings.





Necklace* (Goodwill) $1.99
Sweater (Salvation Army) $2.75
Shirt (St. Vincent De Paul) $2.00
Belt (St. Vincent De Paul) $1.00
Leggings (Target) $9.00
Shoes (Shoe Dazzle) $30.00

*I wear this necklace a lot, I know. But that's the point of being a guttersnipe. You have to shop for things that will work in all the seasons, anytime, anywhere. You have to find statement jewelry (Or any article of clothing at that matter) that is versatile and will last a long time. You can wear the same thing more than once (I mean I am not ballin' like that, so I have too recycle my wardrobe) but the secret is being able to mix it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment