Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Holiday Shopping

 photo large_zpse23a29a3.jpg

I love this time of year! However, I know how overwhelming shopping this time of year can be so I came up with a list of helpful tips and great present ideas to help y'all out. Ready? Here we go!

 photo large-1_zps54fe776c.jpg

1. Shop Locally
I know people are quick to go to places like Target, Nordstrom, H&M, etc. because it seems more convenient. But shopping locally does a lot of good over all. Not only are supporting small business but you will find the more unique and ideal gifts.

2. No Gift Cards!
I think getting someone a gift card is such a cop out. I know it might sound trashy but you might as well just give that person cash. For real though. Come on - think harder!

3. Gift Receipts & Return
When you do end up purchasing a gift for that special somebody there's no harm in getting a gift receipt and making sure you know what the exchange policy is so there's no issue.

 photo large-3_zps586be2c4.jpg

4. When Thrifting...
Wash an item before you gift it, comb over it well for stains, holes, missing sequins, dents, scratches, or any mistakes.

5. DIY
There is nothing sweeter or more from the heart than something you made yourself. (Ask any mom) It's cheaper, gets you in the holiday spirit, and like locally shopping you'll end up with a one-of-a-kind present.

6. F. B. S.
Now, when you are in doubt and don't know what to get someone think "F. B. S." which stands for Food, Books, Socks.
Food, which also falls into DIY - if you cook it yourself, is my personal favorite. I mean who doesn't like eating! Books (or notebooks) because you can always find one that fits to a friend's personality to a T. Socks because I freaking love socks. And if you haven't noticed socks are becoming a huge trend. Like books, you can literally find any pair of socks with everything and anything on them.

So there you have it. A #guttersnipe's holiday shopping to-do list. Good luck & hope this helps!  

 photo large-2_zps0a5af3c1.jpg 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you said except for the part of gift cards. What's wrong with allowing someone to shop at a store they like on your dime? If someone bought me a gift card to my favorite shoe retailer I would be happy. After all you don't have to give cash, it's the thought that counts. Oh and be sure to check out my blog http://womensbootsonsale.net where I cover fashion tips for shopping online. Have a good day ^.^

    ReplyDelete