Thursday, January 11, 2024

DIY: alphabet soup pants

 I'm taking part in the 75 Hard Style Challenge started by TikTok and fashion writer Mandy Lee a.k.a. @oldloserinbrooklyn. It's a really well-curated and inspiring challenge to help new zest to your personal style and more importantly, fall back in love with your own closet. Because one of the rules; is no buying!

That's right! You can't buy any clothes. Nothing new or thrifted. No buying at all! Sure, you can go shopping but make sure it's merely window shopping. I love this rule because it's going to be hard but also so necessary. Since coming back to this blog and falling back in love with fashion, starting with what I have is a great jumping-off point. It forces me to work with what I have and not use retail therapy to fix a larger problem. 

One thing Mandy Lee doesn't talk about but I found via context clue; can't buy new clothes but that doesn't mean I can update the clothes I already have. So?! Fun new DIYs!

I have this pair of purple slacks that are cute and comfy but I'm really into statement pants. I love my legs and they are my best asset so statement pants are a no-brainer. I found these iron-on letters from the terrible, disgusting, awful company that ruined my hometown; Amazon. I hate supporting them but I liked these letters. If you can; use letters from a local spot. (I could have lied to y'all but I respect you too much.)

There aren't any steps other than plug in the iron, grab the letters, and pick an article of clothing you would like to zest up! I of course don't have a before picture but since my design is only on one leg of the pants; just imagine the blank leg two times. 


Have fun and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment