Saturday, September 3, 2011

Bumbershoot means umbrella

I really love Seattle. I feel like to be a true Seattleite you have to dislike it sometimes. But overall, I love it. One of the things I love about my fair city is Bumbershoot.

This year I got the opportunity to preform and host an event. (Which means I didn't have to pay the ridiculous ticket prices!!) Today I hosted the YouthSpeaks Seattle poetry showcase featuring Andrea Gibson. Then again on Monday I am slamming along with the adult team in the Youth VS Adult slam. (You do not want to miss that!)

Now besides elephant ears, mango lemonade, the music, and people watching one of my all time favorite things about Bumbershoot is Flatstock.


Flatstock is where various artists come together to sell and show off their personal screen print posters inspired by bands, movies and what not. I was able to take some quick snaps so you can see how awesome it really is:




OK! I hope you now have a better understanding of how cool it really is. I was so tempted to get that Dark Vader Lil Wayne poster. But best believe I got a pack of Dr. Dre Stickers!

Shoes - gift
Dress - (Target) $12.00
Flannel Shirt - (Goodwill) $2.46
Belt - (Goodwill Outlet) $0.25
Bandana - (Dollar Store) $1.00

No comments:

Post a Comment