Friday, October 21, 2011

Wearable Art

"Fashion is wearable art."

I don't know who said that but boy is it true!

Yesterday most definitely started on the wrong foot and it stayed that way for awhile. However I took all the little things as a sign to be less of a Debbie Downer. My wonderful and extremely talented friend Janae needed some shopping advice. So of course I jumped to the opportunity to help out.

I found her this really amazing sailor dress (which was originally a romper that I recut and sewed into a dress) for $2.00 at Goodwill. After we did some shopping we went to a very interesting art gallery opening. So I wanted to be look like walking art.

Shoes - (Nordstrom rack) $25.00
Pants- (Topshop) $40.00
T-shirt- (Melrose Trading Post) was $17.00 talked it down to $10.00
Sweater- (my mother's/hand-me-down)

Today I am working on the last minor details on my first chapbook of poetry. Not going to lie, kind of stressful but should work out in the end. Also here is a video Janae shot at the Twin Shadow show that I edited. It's our first project as Sealevel Pictures. (More details later...)

No comments:

Post a Comment