Monday, October 15, 2012

inspired lines


Inspiration is a strange thing. You can never tell where or when it will come. A muse is a very fickle thing. I was a massive fan of Elizabeth Gilbert's TED talk which was about muses and inspiration. The first time I saw it I was in the first few months of my "gap" year. At a point in my life where I was unsure about taking time off from school and choosing not to go to college. But of course everything happens for a reason.


Now besides just telling you that super sapping story and sharing the TED talk, I got this shirt at H&M during the summer. And a few weeks ago when I was trying to work on a new logo for the blog I saw this shirt hanging in my closet and like that it hit me!

It's similar but also very different. I am all about pulling from your inspiration but not being the man's tracing paper. Plus we all know the best artists do not copy, they steal.




Shoes
Pants (my mother's/hand-me-down)
Shirt (H&M) $8.00
sweater (Salvation Army) $3.00
Jean Jacket (Salvation Army) $5.00
Necklace (Forever 21) $8.00


No comments:

Post a Comment