Monday, June 16, 2014

estelle

 photo IMG_6421_zpsec07d9fc.jpg  photo IMG_6422_zps728c68bb.jpg 

I was named Roseanne because my mother had always been a fan of the name. I wasn't named after anyone, dead or living. Just a simple name my mother and father both thought was elegant and lovely. My middle name however is from my great grandmother Estelle.

She was my mom's favorite grandmother. I never got to met here but from hearing stories I was told I am a lot like her not to mention she apparently one hell of a sassy lady with exquisite taste. My sister and I were recently gifted a lot of her possessions like some goofy hand made rugs, elegant teacups, and adorable knick knacks.

 photo IMG_6417_zpsfc71c625.jpg  photo IMG_6420_zps100da5b8.jpg 

One of my favorite things I am now the proud owner of is this beautiful silk rose scarf. I always feel like a character from a movie when I wear a scarf in my hair. Something from a classic 50's beach theme movie. I am cheesy like that. What can I say.

 photo IMG_6411_zps2d540c0f.jpg  photo IMG_6415_zpse243fc4a.jpg  photo IMG_6424_zpsf3799b39.jpg  photo IMG_6426_zps55d6b9ed.jpg

I also finally found time to paint my nails. I usually don't care if my nails are painted but in the summer time I like to think of it as an extra accessory. 

 photo grandma_estelle_zps9d65ef16.jpg

Booties (Target) x Skirt (hand-me-down)
Shirt (goodwill) $4.50 x Scarf (hand-me-down)
Necklace (Photojojo)

No comments:

Post a Comment