Friday, July 22, 2011

Let Them Hate

Work has been very stressful. And to be honest it has a lot to do with the fact that I am in a male dominated industry. Being a woman filmmaker/screenwriter is hard. Shit doesn't come easy for us. Case in point, only one woman has won an oscar for best director. (Of course it took 85 years...)

Lately I've been dealing with a lot of guys "talking" down to me. I use to be one of the girls that thought "Everyone gets this shit. Be a 'man' about it."

I got over that real quick.

The reason why women get so much shit is because men did they wouldn't be able to handle it.

It use to get on my nervous, now it's fuel. Keep talking buddy. Whoever said success was the best revenge has no idea how true that statement is.

Brush it off, keep it classy, and smile in their faces.

shoes - (Payless) $5.00
Jeans - (JC Penny's) $7.00
Tank Top - (Nordstrom Rack) $5.00
Sweater - (Salvation Army) $1.35
Necklace - (Target) $1.99

Also:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!
To the smartest and strongest woman I know. Thank you for teaching me how to be a lady and how not to take shit from anyone. You are amazing and the best person alive :)

Ever meet a girl like me before?

No comments:

Post a Comment