Monday, October 22, 2012

DIY: Charm Necklace

Got a burst of inspiration when I went to the beads store today. I was waiting for my bus and it was raining really hard so to stay dry I looked around the crafts store and got an idea.


Awhile back my pen pal Nate (a.k.a. bus stop bandits a.k.a partner in crime) sent me these great key chains. I thought they were the cutest things ever. I didn't know what to do with them until now.

ice cream cones

lighting bolds

Then this adorable winged guy

Supplies:
Charms
Necklace Chain (about 2 ft)
Fasterns/Clasps
Pliers



1. Open one of the ends of the chain. Now the secret with opening a chain is to open it like a "gate." Using the pliers to lift it away instead of pulling it wide. The reason is because when you pull open the chain apart it breaks easier.

2. Attach the necklace clasps

3. I found the "middle" of the necklace attached my main charm which is the little blue wing creature.

4. Then laying the necklace straight out I counted out so the other charms were evenly placed.

5. The best step: Wear it & Share it.

Not a fan of the charm necklace? Well, wrap that bad boy around your wrist. BAM! Charm Bracelets.

No comments:

Post a Comment